Welcome to Speaking Up! This trainers package is meant to help you train individuals who are attempting to support the victims of Domestic Violence in the Christian Community. Speaking Up is designed to inform and then equip you to understand domestic violence. It also can show you how to train the church and community leaders how to support the victims. The course invites you to be a part of the growing movement against the unspeakable with defiant hope.
There are 11 modules included in this trainers package, each designed to take between 1 1/2 to 2 hours. This curriculum is offered online and accompanied by videos that will share real-life stories from domestic violence survivors. Educational materials provided by domestic violence advocates and religious resources provided by Christian faith communities. All is combined to educate and invite dialogue about the impact of domestic violence and trauma in the Christian community.
- Self Care.then.
- Definitions of Domestic Violence.then.
- Dynamics of Power and Control.then.
- Impact of Violence on Children.then.
- Parenting and Domestic Violence.thenthen.
- Safety Planning.then.
- Responding to Domestic Violence within the Christian Faith.then.
- Recommendations for Working with Victims and Perpetrators.then.
- The Community of Faith as a Resource.Links Between Domestic Violence and Human Trafficking.then.
- Change and Accountability.then.
- A Coordinated Community Response.then.
Upon completion you will then be prompted to take a quiz. Next, a certificate awarding 20 National Board of Certified Counselor (NBCC) Clock Hours will be emailed or sent to you, given your preference.
By first completing the course, then you are eligible for the training materials and to be added to a network of certified trainers. Once you have completed, then you will receive a short questionnaire. This will be followed by an opportunity to schedule time on the phone with Dr. Nancy Murphy to determine the best course of action for you.
I hope you get started today!