Speaking Up is designed to inform and equip you to understand domestic violence existing in the Christian Community. It then invites you to be a part of the growing movement addressing the unspeakable with defiant hope.
There are 11 modules included, each designed to take between 1 1/2 to 2 hours. This curriculum is offered online and accompanied by videos that will share real-life stories from domestic violence survivors. Educational materials provided by domestic violence advocates and religious resources provided by Christian faith communities. All is combined to educate and then invite dialogue about the impact of domestic violence and trauma in the Christian community.
- Self Care.then
- Definitions of Domestic Violence.then
- Dynamics of Power and Control.then
- Impact of Violence on Children. then
- Parenting and Domestic Violence. then
- Safety Planning. then
- Responding to Domestic Violence within the Christian Faith.
- Recommendations for Working with Victims and Perpetrators.
- The Community of Faith as a Resource.
- Links Between Domestic Violence and Human Trafficking.
- Change and Accountability.
- A Coordinated Community Response.
If you would like a certificate of completion, then you will need to fill out an evaluation form. Then upon completion you will be prompted to take a quiz and then a certificate of completion will be emailed.
Also, you will be invited to join a secret Facebook Group that others who have completed this training have joined. This will provide you with a supportive community for you and the work you provide! Thank you for considering this training! This is a conversation that needs to happen!
TOGETHER, we can do justice by mercifully restoring broken relationships! (Micah 6:8)